Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New ICC Wing opens today!

So unless I misunderstood something (I've been at work all day today and haven't been able to verify), the next wing of Icecrown Citadel--the Plagueworks--is supposed to open today. This will give us 3 new bosses to test our mettle against: Rotface, Festergut, and Professor Putricide.

An interesting mechanic is in play here in that you will have 10 total attempts at downing the Prof until he will despawn for the week. My understanding is that this ONLY applies to the Prof and not any wipes that occur anywhere else in the instance.

So far my guild has cleared the lower spire three times on 10-man. (Most of our progression is on 10-man. 25-man content for us is usually a tier behind.) The first week we cleared it, it took us two raid nights (usually 3 or 4 hours long), plus an hour on a third night. The second and third clears took us about 3 hours. So we've got that content pretty well under control. Hopefully we'll be able to get a team together tonight and at least hit up Rotface a few times before everyone has to call it a night. I'm excited.

In the next week or two, I'll try and start posting some Bear guides for the bosses of ICC, starting with Marrowgar and working up. For those of you who may be catting it up for these bosses, I suggest checking out Dinaer's guides over at Forever a Noob. With the exception of specific abilities, his posts will be very relevant. I'll try to supplement with specific cat abilities in this blogspace where I can.

Happy Raiding.
blog comments powered by Disqus