Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Troll love

From Zarhym:
We'll have more information to share on the return of Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub soon. But for now I'll say this: there is a center of troll civilization yet to be seen in World of Warcraft. There was once an ancient empire of troll tribes united. Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub becoming key points of interest in Cataclysm plays into this. Perhaps something has happened to once again call for the unity of the disaffected tribes. Perhaps a certain tribe with allegiances elsewhere sees this as a very bad thing. ;)
Honestly, I think I just peed a little.

It could be said that WoW is a game that's actually all about Night Elf lore. Pretty much everything we're doing in the game since it started (and even the RTS titles before it) is a result of the Night Elves' follies. You can debate about whether or not these follies were induced by the Old Gods (as they seem to be very adept at manipulating the mortal races of Azeroth, and even the not-so-mortal ones), but the fact remains that we're all trying to clean up the messes they've made.

That said, I've always loved the Troll lore most of all. Their history is all of Azeroth's history as far as we know. It's rich and expansive and full of politics and betrayal and war.

Not to mention the Loa. The Loa are where it's at. I'm still trying to figure out how I can make Har'koa adopt me and let me take her form. (It'll happen, dammit!)

Zul'Aman was my favorite BC instance by far. In every respect. Story, design, and content. I loved that the ZA Loa showed up to offer guidance while you were questing through Zul'Drak in Wrath. It was one of those small touches that tied together loose lore strands from across expansions.

Even though we've defeated Zul'Jin, I'm very interested to see where the story is going there. I haven't quested through the Ghostlands since BC. Has the story there changed any? Is there some indication while going through the zone of what's going on in ZA? If so, I might have to go roll a BElf just to see it.

Zul'Gurub looks to be very promising, too. If you've quested through Northern Stranglethorn since the Shattering, you know what I'm talking about. (And if you haven't, you should before 4.1 hits.) It was definitely my favorite zone as I leveled Grevioux through the new "old" content.

But, seriously. A central troll empire possibly reforming? And the Darkspear being very uncomfortable with this? Why? Given Vol'jin's current lack of enthusiasm about Garrosh's control of the Horde, what would be so bad about a re-united Troll empire that he'd rather stick it out than go rejoining with his brethren? Inquiring minds want to know!

Do you smell that? It smells kind of like a future raid. Zul'Ultimate!

The more I hear about 4.1 (3 second Swipe!) the more excited I get. Granted, I'm currently 4/12 in current raid content. So it's time to start busting by butt there.
blog comments powered by Disqus