Thursday, August 19, 2010

Noob moment

So you know that 100 mount achievement? That one I finally got late last month when I was gifted the Chopper? The one that I spent months and months slogging through dungeons and old raids and fishing spots hoping for an elusive rare drop to complete the set? All because I refused to open up my gold bag and just buy one of the three really expensive mounts I didn't own yet?

Turns out I could have had it all the way back on April 10.

See, it was recently brought to my attention that you are actually capable of owning all 6 Netherwing Drakes. I wasn't aware of this. I thought you were only able to pick one. I thought you were able to switch which one you had for a (relatively) small sum of Gold, but it was still a 1-for-1 swap.

I don't know if I was always wrong about this, or if it changed at some point. But there's a vendor out on Netherwing Ledge that sells all 6. So last night I logged in, flew out there, and picked up the 5 that I didn't already have.

While this in no way diminishes what my guild members did for me (and it will always be one of those special moments) I feel like kind of a fool now.

Protip: Always do your research.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. That's kinda funny =P I honestly don't mind though. You didn't know at the time of us making the bike. So it's all cool =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah... I had the refer-a-friend mount sitting in my account for about 3 good months before I realized it was there, primed for the claiming. D:

    ReplyDelete